My very last lesson with the students, which made it both sad and exciting at the same time. After all our weeks of preparation, the kids were finally able to lay bottle caps down onto our paintings. The challenge was to find bottle caps that were the right size and colour to fit onto each panel and to squish them as close together as possible. Some students also began gluing down caps onto the timber.
We finished our last lesson by revisiting the bottle cap bugs we made at the very beginning in Week 1. The students chose a bug from our bug collection to feature in panel #1: The Bug Colony, painted by Prep Red.
Next week I'll be finishing off our bottle cap mural and installing it on the wall. Stay tuned for lots of photos after the install!